Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us/our (either capitalized or not) – Startup Growth Advisors IKE, a company registered in Greece, on behalf of Venture Friends 400W Management B.V. a company registered in The Netherlands.
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
In all the cases in which we collect your Personal Data, the Data Subject has the following rights and, in most cases, the Data Subject can exercise them free of charge:
1. Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
2. Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
3. Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
5. Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
6. Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
7. Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing, whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
8. Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or if it is feasible, and you have the right to request that we transmit directly your Personal data to another Controller. Please note that this right applies only to Personal Data which you have provided directly to us.
9. Right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
10. Right to withdraw your consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before this withdrawal.
Information you have provided us with This might be your e-mail address, full name or other information you submit in our contact forms – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide to us. We may be provided from time to time with CVs of job candidates for openings at VentureFriends or any of our portfolio companies.
Information automatically collected about you This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, your navigation path within the website etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly available information We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
We use your Personal Data in order to:
On the ground of legitimate interest (including a legitimate interest in performing our services, conducting our business, internal administration functions, defending legal claims etc.), we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from the law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data (e.g. for statistical purposes). We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
We do not allow Personal Data collected about you to be sold, traded, disclosed to or viewed by any third party. We may, however, disclose your Personal Data in limited circumstances, including:
We generally process your personal data within the EU/EEA. Nonetheless, as the case may arise, we may have to transfer your personal data outside EU/EEA, for example to a service provider located outside EU/EEA as necessary in order to organize an exhibition. However, the level of personal data protection in countries outside the EU/EEA may be lower than the respective provided within the EU/EEA. Where this is the case, we will implement appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable data protection laws, in order to conduct such data transfer and ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure, such as Adequacy Decisions and Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission.
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We implement appropriate technical and organization measures including safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS), to protect adequately your Personal Data, in particular against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We use anonymization and pseudonymization where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information since no personal data transmitted over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly process information from children. We do not target children with our services.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Hellenic Data Protection Authority
Avenue, PC 11523, Athens
tel: +30 210 6475 600
You may contact us for any matter or request concerning the handling of your private data at: email@example.com