Blueground (https://www.theblueground.com/) is a real estate tech company that wants to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. The company offers beautifully furnished and thoughtfully equipped apartments for a month, a year, or even longer that are designed to help people simply show up and start living. Motivated by its mission to create a tech powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work, Blueground has grown quickly, surpassing 2,000 apartments and 300 team members in nine cities; New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C., Dubai, Istanbul and Athens. Blueground plans to have a presence in 50 cities around the world and a portfolio of more than 50,000 apartments by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
– Seek excellence in everything they do
– Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
– Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
– Are team players and have a strong work ethic
– Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our Engineering team in Athens.
As a tech enabled company we heavily rely on our software, from our website and mobile apps to our key business internal platform. Now, as we’re doubling down on that, we aim for a robust continuous delivery pipeline across services, enabling numerous deployments per day. Testing is major part of the effort required and thus every SDET role very important to us.
Here’s how test engineering fits into the picture at Blueground. Test authoring – both unit and functional – is responsibility of every engineer in all product teams. The test infrastructure, strategy and practices are implemented and guided by the SDET team with a bit of DevOps help. So this is not a “test the code of others” role but rather one that enables other teams to have a robust platform and methodology for embedding quality into our projects.
- AWS – EC2 | ECS | EKS | Lambda
- Docker | Kubernetes
- Java 8+
- Kotlin 1.3
- Spring Boot | Spring Cloud
- Postgres | Redis | RabbitMQ | Prometheus
- Webpack | Angular | Vue | SASS
- iOS (Swift)
- Android (Kotlin)
- Jenkins | Bitrise
- Selenium | Spock | Jest | WebDriver.io | Cypress.io
What you will do:
- Work on our testing infrastructure, automation needs and CI pipeline
- Create tooling supporting our automation & testing frameworks
- Code tests that will work as examples for the rest of the team
- Debug those difficult cases that block teams from delivering on time
- Track and report test coverage and code quality metrics
- Write internal guides on software testing
- Testing in production RnD
- Make any relevant technology choices
- Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work closely with a devops engineer
- To work closely with the developers
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To solve hard problems
- Cool colleagues 🙂
- 3+ years of full-time industry experience in software engineering
- Good understanding of the modern software testing concepts & practices
- Being passionate about crafting & testing software
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject from a top-tier university
- Skilled in Java (or another JVM lang)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language
- Experience with major testing frameworks & tools (Junit, JSON Wire Protocol, TestNG, Protractor, Cucumber, Cypress.io)
- Experience with CI solutions (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with provisioning tools is a plus (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in testing APIs (REST or binary) and responsive web UIs.
- Comfortable with Git
- Competitive salary
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.