We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
– Seek excellence in everything they do
– Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
– Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
– Are team players and have a strong work ethic
– Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking to recruit a top-notch Senior Business Development Manager (BD) to run our new business expansion efforts in Turkey. The position will focus on both the corporate and retail segment, where she/he needs to add new apartments to Blueground portfolio at scale.
This position is one of the most exciting and impactful roles at Blueground. As the Head of BD function, your primary focus will be the growth of our business in the city of Istanbul. Blueground has 250 apartments today in Istanbul and company’s target of reaching 1,000 apartments by 2020 relies primarily on the success of BD team. You will negotiate and partner with large developers and individual landlords to add new properties to Blueground’s portfolio while establishing strong relationships with the local real estate industry. You will work closely with the General Manager, Istanbul to develop and execute on a property acquisition strategy and plan. If you like ownership, hustle, negotiating while being structured and analytical in your approach, this is the right role for you!
The main responsibilities are:
- Research, identify and shortlist appropriate neighborhoods and buildings that meet Blueground standards
- Connect to real estate developers and landlords of said buildings to present Blueground’s leasing and partnership model
- Negotiate with developers and landlords on multiple variables to define innovative partnership terms
- Carry out all related business activities to leasing and on-boarding units including contracting and developing the relationship to lease additional units
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local real estate brokerage firms to broaden reach and drive supply acquisition
- Manage a team of BD Associates while recruit, coach and mentor new team members
- Provide local perspective and work with the GM to adapt the business model as required
What we are looking for:
- Relevant experience of leadership roles (at least 4 years) in business development and/or sales related roles, with demonstrated success in complex portfolio management or fast paced growth
- Prior experience/established relationships in real estate or construction industries is a major plus, but not a must
- Entrepreneurial drive, adaptability, and focus on results with ability to work independently and with speed
- Analytical and data-driven decision making
- Love for negotiations and “Always be closing” mentality
- Great attention to detail to ensure contract terms have been carefully considered and agreed
- Competitive compensation package
- Dynamic working environment with top-talent people
- A strong coaching and mentoring culture supporting fast paced professional self-development
- Opportunity to take initiative and define own priorities
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to manage own schedule
- Opportunity to grow alongside the company and be part of a success story in Turkey
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.