Blueground is a real estate tech company that wants to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. The company offers beautifully furnished and thoughtfully equipped apartments for a month, a year, or even longer that are designed to help people simply show up and start living. Motivated by its mission to create a tech powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work, Blueground has grown quickly, surpassing 2,000 apartments and 300 team members in nine cities; New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C., Dubai, Istanbul and Athens. Blueground plans to have a presence in 50 cities around the world and a portfolio of more than 50,000 apartments by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
– Seek excellence in everything they do
– Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
– Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
– Are team players and have a strong work ethic
– Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a forceful and self-driven People Operations Business Partner to join our NYC office and support our employees across the Blueground U.S. cities. The role will act as a business partner across organizational levels while developing and implementing global and local people operations processes and initiatives. You will be immersed in people related matters and take a truly hands-on approach to all issues to ensure high levels of employee engagement.
What you will focus on:
- Coordinate the core people operations functions: Talent Acquisition, On-boarding, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Policy Implementation, Inclusion, and Employment law compliance
- Oversee the payroll process (admin work is performed overseas) and be the primary resource on all employee questions or problems related to our benefits
- Build relationships with staff at all levels; assure that new employees integrate effectively into the organization
- Support the recruitment process by partnering with talent acquisition and hiring managers to assess, interview, and select high caliber candidates
- Work on building the company brand and reputation as an outstanding organization of strong values and happy people
- Identify and execute continuous improvement methods of People Operations programs and processes by researching best practices and encouraging feedback as to improve the employee and manager experience
- Promote the awareness of culture objectives in the organization
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, local employment laws
What we are looking for:
- You put people first in everything that you do.
- You have 3-6 years in an HR generalist role, ideally in a quickly changing and scaling environment.
- Knowledge of talent management aspects, such as performance management, succession planning, talent planning, competency development, compensation, employee relations, and talent analytics
- Command of analytical and people operations systems. Be able to evaluate and implement new tools and technologies as the company moves to bring systems in-house
- Enjoy a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and a comfortable environment in an international, fast-paced, and high growth workplace
- Self-driven, organized and passionate about making the overall process and experience better for every employee
- Highly collaborative, empathetic and a caring team player
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.