We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort and finer things in life, we are building a network of convenient, fully furnished, beautifully designed apartments in large, vibrant cities around the globe.
Our connected turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown aggressively across 5 markets, surpassing 1,000 locations and 200+ team members. To further accelerate our growth, we are now launching operations in Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago and Boston. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We trust them to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and partners. We build our culture around people that:
– Seek excellence in everything they do
– Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
– Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
– Are team players and have a strong work ethic
– Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are currently looking for a Director of Operational Excellence to join our team and be based in our offices in NY.
The role is for a self-motivated, resourceful and proactive experienced leader able to challenge the status quo and lead operational efforts that will improve the lives of clients, team members and partners.
The Director of Operations Excellence position is one of the most important roles at Blueground as it is a key enabler to a leaner organization, higher margins and happier team members. As a member of Blueground’s high performance team, your focus will be to lead the thinking in identifying the most important operational problems, scoping their solution and executing along with a high performing, dedicated team. You will be the champion of continuous improvement in the organization and as such, you will shape our business system and educate the team on an ongoing basis. If you are an experienced leader in operations with a passion to apply, develop, improve and streamline complex operational processes in a hyper growth international startup, this is the right role for you.
What you will focus on:
- Understand and map the organization’s operational challenges through interviews, data collection and analysis
- Identify biggest problems and most impactful solutions to optimize efficiency and speed
- Drive the evaluation of existing processes and decide on the development of plans to improve procedures and update policies across functions and geographies with the greatest impact on business results
- Work with the leadership to improve/standardize processes and enhance operational excellence
- Promote and preserve effective and open communication between departments
- Introduce selected Six Sigma/Lean Management tools to consistently improve process yields, reduce waste and drive efficiency
- Coach and mentor team members with continuous improvement tools and lean methodologies to develop lean facilitators and leaders
- Coach/guide stakeholders at all levels across functions to adopt and implement lean principles and practices
What we are looking for:
- Problem solver, with ability to work for a fast-paced and “get the job done” culture
- Be a leader/facilitator of change. You are comfortable working with all levels of the organization and are a strong communicator
- Minimum 8 years of operations and lean management experience, preferably in the services industry
- Lean six sigma expertise with extensive knowledge of continuous improvement based tools/techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing portfolio of projects and in leading efficiency through others to achieve operational excellence.
- Born a mentor, you’re excited to facilitate lean culture change
- Strong follow up and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve strategic issues
- Black belt certification or black belt candidate strongly preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic international work environment with happy and talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai